Rail Alliance Events and Third Party Trade Show/Conference Support
- Rail Alliance Networking Events (free to all members & CPD accredited) – serving its members with activities designed to promote success and growth, the Rail Alliance specialises in delivering high quality industry themed, CPD certified events with excellent networking opportunities. Typically there is at least one networking event every month at carefully selected venues and locations. We are constantly adding to our events programme and recommend that you check the website www.railalliance.co.uk/rail-alliance-networking-events/ regularly for the latest details. Please do follow us on twitter @therailalliance and check #RAEvents for updates.
- Rail Alliance Exhibitions
The Rail Alliance organises two key supply chain industry events – Rail Live (in partnership with RAIL Magazine) and specialist railway lighting expo – Light after Dark
- 3rd Party Exhibitions & Conferences
Railtex 2019, Infrarail 2018, InnoTrans 2018, Advanced Engineering 2018, RVE 2018 are the big industry events at which the Rail Alliance will always be found, in addition to supporting a variety of relevant conferences and seminars and carefully selected trade fairs. At specific trade fairs we offer members a place on the Rail Alliance Hub guaranteeing a heightened presence, and we are able to negotiate various exclusive discounts for members at many other conferences and events.
Bespoke Members Events
Several of our members have engaged with the Rail Alliance to assist them with the marketing and delivery of various events on their behalf
Route-to-market Support and Advice
We offer a variety of ways in which we can help companies established in rail, and those new to the sector and our focus is always on supporting our members – from face-to-face introductions at our events to tailored introductions up and down the supply chain as is relevant to your company. Some of the specific areas we can with include:
- Product Approvals & Acceptance Processes
We have extensive knowledge across the team of this area and work closely with Network Rail’s Design for Reliability team on various events.
- Export & International Support
The Rail Alliance is an accredited “Trade Challenge Partner” to the Department for International Trade. Please see www.railalliance.co.uk/international-erci/ for regular updates on export opportunities. We are also a founding member of the ERCI (European Regional Clusters Initiative). The 11 member clusters represent more than 1,000 companies from the industry from all over Europe http://www.eurailclusters.com/index.html
- Representing our members
Behind the scenes we sit on a number of significant closed industry meetings, the information from which we use to further support our services – including the Rail Delivery Group, Network Rail’s Directors Forum, RISQS and several more. Our Chairman is Secretariat to the Rail Supply Group (RSG) giving the Rail Alliance and its members an important platform to help shape the UK strategy for rail.
We actively use social media (Twitter and LinkedIn) and encourage all of our members to follow and tag us on twitter. We can also produce member case studies to publish on our website in addition to sharing news stories. We are extremely proud of the strong media relationships that we have with all of the mainstream rail, manufacturing and engineering publications. We also send out regular email newsletters to our members and our wider industry contacts with a variety of information as well as member news features. Please share this newsletter with your colleagues so that everyone in your organisation can take advantage of membership.
Access to UKKRIN Centre of Excellence Facility & Access to the RSSB “Test Voucher Scheme”
The Quinton Rail Technology Centre, home of the Rail Alliance – is an approved UKRRIN (UK Rail Research & Innovation Network) “centre of excellence test centre” – one of only 5 in the UK with the primary purpose of accelerating adoption and transformational change in rail systems technology, and new railway products and services. Boasting the only endurance track (i.e. looped) it can cope with maximum speeds of 50 kph and is ideal for a wide range of uses including the UK’s only crash test facility, product approvals, training, publicity/marketing etc. It has the longest OHLE span away from the national network and also has the UK’s first light rail test facility which is a £1m investment.
The Rail Safety and Standards Board’s (RSSB) Test Voucher Scheme (TVS) gives up to (typically) three days subsidised access to test and trials facilities within the UK to assist UK-based companies in developing their products, goods and services for the rail sector. Typically, this assistance is offered to companies transiting through the latter stages of the product development programme.
Access to R&D/I (including UKKRIN)
We work closely with a number of specialist rail research universities throughout the UK. Academic collaborations can take many forms ranging from outsourcing R&D for a specific project, working with a university on a KTP (Knowledge Transfer Placement) or year in industry placements, amongst others. We can also provide information on upcoming R&D grants under Horizon2020, Shift2Rail, RSSB and Innovate UK calls and through our ERCI network (more below) can potentially introduce you to international R&D/I partners
Specialised Industry Support Programmes – including:
- Get into Rail – We run workshops across the UK designed to help organisations navigate their way through the complex landscape of the rail sector. The Rail Alliance works closely with the Welsh Government as well as with the Scottish Enterprise and the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service (SMAS) and others to deliver rail supply chain events.
- ISO 44001 Collaboration Workshop (link) – The world’s first national standard for Collaborative Business Relationships – has been embraced by Network Rail as part of their ‘Alliancing’ philosophy in delivering over £3Bn worth of infrastructure projects collaboratively and is of increasing import to the rolling stock fraternity and others. Please note that Rail Alliance members are eligible for discounted training fees and can either attend workshops at QRTC or we can arrange for a workshop to be held at your location
- Rail Mentor Scheme (link) – Please take a look at the website for full details and also to register (FREE) for the scheme www.railmentor.com If you have any questions on the scheme and want to talk over these before registering, John Beale firstname.lastname@example.org (Programme manager) can give you more information.
CPD Certified Events
Selected Rail Alliance events are CPD Certified to support individual development by improving skills & knowledge. Engaging in Continuing Professional Development ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become outdated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’ themselves, regardless of occupation, age or educational level.
Rail Alliance Member Login on the Website
This is a bespoke area specifically for use by Rail Alliance members where you will find all the presentations stored for previous events, discount codes to conferences/exhibitions, tender opportunities, notice board alerts/messages from other members, press release upload portal, and many other valuable resources!