Altro Limited - silver Members
The inventor of high quality safety flooring products, Altro was the first to launch safety flooring into the global transport sector in 1960.
Altro is a third generation family business with a global presence and subsidiaries in North America, Central Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Japan and China. We have a wide net of Agents and Distributors to support our emerging markets and we supply to over 55 countries globally. Our manufacturing plants are in the UK and Germany,
The company has an ambitious 20-year growth vision, with growth in the rail sector being at the core of its strategy. To develop our export turnover in Rail, at the end of 2015 we introduced a Global Transport structure designed specifically to focus on this. We have also made some additional investments both in terms of transport dedicated resources and manufacturing assets and we continue to invest.
The key performance indicators for 2019 (the latest financial accounts published) were:
• 821 employees (2018: 817)
• £151.3m sales (2018: £145.2m)
• £10.6m operating profit before taxation (2018: £10.0m)
• Operating from 7 different facilities (in addition to the UK and Germany)
• Exporting to 55 countries globally
• Expenditure during the year has included investment in buildings, plant, and machinery throughout the group