The Rail Alliance is very proud of its established international presence and works collaboratively with many organisations and establishments across Europe, Australia, Middle East, Far East, USA and South America.
The Rail Alliance is an accredited “Trade Challenge Partner” to the Department for International Trade.
These Partners are drawn from Trade Associations, Accredited Trade Organisations and other membership organisations focused on overseas trade, and represent virtually all sectors and industries of the UK economy. This means that we are able to demonstrate the right level of sector specialism and expertise vis-à-vis the DIT’s work in the rail sector on global scale.
We actively work with the DIT centrally, from its London headquarters, and crucially at local level, supporting and working with the UK’s network of International Trade Advisors and Rail Sector Specialists, considering both export, import and investment opportunities. We also have an extensive reach into the international network of DIT commercial officers working in post across Embassies and Consulates across the world. The DIT offers an array of tools and advice to UK companies to help new and experienced exporters and promotes export-ready UK companies to international business.
DIT Export Events, UK & Overseas
The DIT has some truly exceptional market engagement events coming up, at home and abroad. Again each of these events is listed on our calendar, including those administered by the Railway Industry Association.
For details of DIT events for UK exporters, visit https://www.events.trade.gov.uk.
Rail sector events for 2019 will include:
- Sign up here for news of Business Opportunities for UK exporters: https://www.exportingisgreat.gov.uk/
- Find out here about E-exporting initiatives and support: https://www.gov.uk/e-exporting
- Get access to an expansive network of support for exporting your business here: http://opentoexport.com/
- UK Export Finance supports exporters with credit guarantees and other services: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-export-finance
- The official UK government body responsible for intellectual property (IP) rights including patents, designs, trademarks and copyright: The Intellectual Property Office
- Visit the DIT website for general information about support for UK exporters.
Please also click here for a useful guide on UK expertise in the rail sector https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/a-guide-to-the-uk-rail-sector
The following “Exporting is GREAT” service is an online portal that enables you to find overseas opportunities from businesses looking for products or services like yours. Filter results by market, sector, value and more.
We also are a founding member of The Eurail Clusters Initiative (aka the ERCI)
About European Railway Clusters Initiative (ERCI):
The European Railway Clusters Initiative was founded in 2010 with the signature of the cooperation treaty on InnoTrans 2010. Member clusters of ERCI are:
- i-trans competitiveness cluster (Famars, France)
- BTS Rail Saxony (Dresden, Germany)
- Cluster Mobilität, Verkehr und Logistik Berlin-Brandenburg, c/o Berlin Partner (Berlin, Germany)
- CNA Cluster Bahntechnik Bayern (Nuremberg, Germany)
- DITECFER (Pistoia, Italy)
- Järnvägsklustret (Västeras, Sweden)
- Logistics in Wallonia (Grace-Hollogne, Belgium)
- Poludniowy Klaster Kolejowy (Katowice, Poland)
- Railgrup (Barcelona, Spain)
- RTCA (Vienna, Austria)
- Rail Alliance (United Kingdom)
The 11 member clusters represent more than 1,000 companies from the industry from all over Europe. The goals of ERCI are the strengthening of the competitiveness of the European railway supply industry by developing joint innovation projects among its members as well as establishing stronger business relations among them. ERCI projects include the PERES 4i partnership under the roof of the European Cluster Collaboration platform.