Rail Alliance Events and Third Party Trade Show/Conference Support:
- Rail Alliance Networking Events – Serving its members with activities designed to promote success and growth, the Rail Alliance specialises in delivering high quality industry themed events with excellent networking opportunities. Typically there is at least one networking event every month at carefully selected venues and locations. We are constantly adding to our events programme and recommend that you check the Rail Alliance website www.railalliance.co.uk/rail-alliance-networking-events/ regularly for the latest details – although you will receive regular newsletters with information on the events coming up. Please do follow us on twitter @therailalliance / #RAEvents for updates on a regular basis.
- Rail Alliance Exhibitions- The Rail Alliance has two key supply chain industry events that it runs – Rail Live and specialist railway lighting expo – Light after Dark
- 3rd Party Exhibitions & Conferences – Railtex, Infrarail, InnoTrans, Advanced Engineering, RVE are the big industry events at which the Rail Alliance will always be found, in addition to supporting a variety of relevant conferences and seminars and carefully selected trade fairs. At specific trade fairs we offer members a place on the Rail Alliance Hub guaranteeing a heightened presence, and we are able to negotiate various exclusive discounts for members at many other conferences and events.
- Bespoke Members Events – Several of our members have engaged with the Rail Alliance to assist them with the marketing and delivery of various events on their behalf.
Route-to-market support and advice – We offer a variety of ways in which we can help companies established in rail, and those new to the sector and our focus is always on supporting our members – from face-to-face introductions at our events to tailored introductions up and down the supply chain as is relevant to your company. Some of the specific areas we can with include:
- Product Approvals & Acceptance Processes – we have extensive knowledge across the team of this area.
- Export & International Support – The Rail Alliance is an accredited “Trade Challenge Partner” to the Department for International Trade. Please see railalliance.co.uk/international-erci/ for regular updates on export opportunities. We are also a founding member of the ERCI (European Regional Clusters Initiative). The 11 member clusters represent more than 1,000 companies from the industry from all over Europe –http://www.eurailclusters.com/index.html.
- Representing our members – behind the scenes we sit on a number of significant closed industry meetings, the information from which we use to further support our services – including the Rail Delivery Group, Network Rail’s Directors Forum, RISQS and several more. Our Chairman is Secretariat to the Rail Supply Group (RSG) giving the Rail Alliance and its members an important platform to help shape the UK strategy for rail.
Marketing support – We are very active on social media (Twitter and LinkedIn) and encourage all of our members to follow and tag us on twitter. We can also produce member case studies to publish on our website in addition to sharing news stories. We are extremely proud of the strong media relationships that we have with all of the mainstream rail, manufacturing and engineering publications – including: RAIL, Modern Railways, Rail News, IRJ, Railway Gazette, Rail Reconnections, Rail Infrastructure, Rail Professional, Rail Engineer, The Manufacturer – to mention a few.
We also send out regular email newsletters to our members and our wider industry contacts with a variety of information as well as member news features. Please share this newsletter with your colleagues so that everyone in your organisation can take advantage of being a member of the Rail Alliance. To automatically subscribe members – please share this link – http://eepurl.com/cVP9Pf
Provision of an international test & trial scheme “Test Voucher Scheme” or otherwise known as TVS – We provide companies access to an approved test & trials centre – one of several in the UK. The Rail Safety and Standards Board’s (RSSB) Test Voucher Scheme (TVS) gives up to (typically) three days subsidised access to test and trials facilities within the UK to assist UK-based companies in developing their products, goods and services for the rail sector. For more information please click HERE.
Typically, this assistance is offered to companies transiting through the latter stages of the product development programme. Depending on individual requirements this may include test loop and infrastructure, traction, rolling stock and trials staff time.
Access to R&D/I – we work closely with a number of specialist rail research universities throughout the UK. Should you be looking to collaborate with academia to support in-house research please let us know and we can introduce you to the relevant university/universities. Academic collaborations can take many forms ranging from outsourcing R&D for a specific project, working with a university on a KTP (Knowledge Transfer Placement) or year in industry placements, amongst others. We can also provide information on upcoming R&D grants under Horizon2020, Shift2Rail, RSSB and Innovate UK calls and through our ERCI network (more below) can potentially introduce you to international R&D/I partners.
Specialised industry support programmes – including:
- Get into Rail – we run workshops across the UK designed to help organisation navigate their way through the complex landscape of the rail sector. The Rail Alliance works closely with the Welsh Government as well as with the Scottish Enterprise and the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service (SMAS) and others to deliver rail supply chain events.
- BS11000 Collaboration Courses – the world’s first national standard for Collaborative Business Relationships – has been embraced by Network Rail as part of their ‘Alliancing’ philosophy in delivering over £3Bn worth of infrastructure projects collaboratively and is of increasing import to the rolling stock fraternity and others. Please note that Rail Alliance members are eligible for discounted training fees.
- Rail Mentor Scheme – I attach a copy of the mentor flier; this is a free service we run on behalf of the Rail Supply Group. Please take a look at the website for full details and also to register for the scheme www.railmentor.com. If you have any questions on the scheme and want to talk over these before registering, John Beale email@example.com (Programme Manager) can give you more information.
- Formula Rail – delivers the platform, conditions and expertise for enabling procurement of new and innovative supplier solutions. Formula Rail is simply a smarter way for buyers and suppliers to work together to source the best performing and best value ideas, products and services.
EEF Affiliate Membership – we are pleased to confirm that through the Rail Alliance’s partnership with EEF, The Manufacturers’ Organisation, you, as a member of Rail Alliance are entitled to free Affiliate Membership of EEF. EEF is the voice of UK manufacturing and engineering and a leading provider of business support. Your affiliate membership provides access to a wide range of industry intelligence, resources and insight, policy representation, networking events and the EEF member Advantages Scheme.
Rail Alliance Member Login on the Website – this is a bespoke area specifically for use by Rail Alliance members where you will find all the presentations stored for previous events, discount codes to conferences/exhibitions, tender opportunities, notice board alerts/messages from other members, press release upload portal, and many other valuable resources!