- This event has passed.
UK Rail Summit – 13th September
September 13 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One Day Conference, 13th September, 15 Canada Square, London E14 5GL
UK RAIL FRANCHISING MODEL: STILL FIT FOR PURPOSE?
Sir Peter Hendy CBE,
Chair, Network Rail
Keynote Speaker :
Rt Hon. Chris Grayling MP, Secretary of State for Transport
Tim O’Toole CBE,
Chief Executive, First Group
The UK has the fastest growing railway in Europe with one of the best safety records. It is a UK success story but recent challenges in catering for continual growth has resulted in criticism from passengers and politicians, with calls for renationalisation.
The UK Rail Summit brings together key stakeholders to debate and discuss the best way forward for the industry. Our UK Rail Summit will focus on:
• Structural change to the industry, is it needed?
• Will Network Rail achieve the targets set by the regulator on efficiency and where are we with the recommendations from the Shaw Report?
• Is the franchising system working as well as it should?
• What should the priorities be for rail in the North of England?
• Should there be more rail devolution for TFL?
• Scotland has a proud record on rail delivery: how serious
a threat is the recent poor performance?
Other confirmed speakers include:
• Mike Brown, Transport Commissioner, Transport for London
• Humza Yousaf MSP, Scottish Minister for Transport and the Islands
• Prof Stephen Glaister, Chair, ORR
• Jim Steer, Director, Steer Davies Gleave
• Lee Jones, Sector Director Rail, Amey
• David Williams, Partner, KPMG
• Ed Thomas, Head of Transport, KPMG
• David Brown, Chief Executive, Transport for the North
• Richard White, Director of Strategic Advisory, EAMS Group
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT WWW.TRANSPORTTIMES.CO.UK OR CALL 0207 828 3804