- This event has passed.
Network Rail Infrastructure – Design for Reliability & Product Acceptance
December 8 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Kevin Rayment CEng FIMechE – Reliability Process Manager, Network Rail
- Roger Moore,- Product Acceptance Manager, Network Rail
Friday, 8th December, 2017, 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
Venue: City Hall, Cardiff, CF10 3ND
Following previous workshops across the UK, Rail Alliance and Business Wales in partnership with Network Rail are pleased to present this essential knowledge to the South Wales region. A key function of its Product Acceptance regime, Design for Reliability is now a mandatory requirement for any controlled, fixed infrastructure product procured by Network Rail. Kevin Rayment, together with
Roger Moore from NR’s Product Acceptance division will host a working seminar to explain what this means for the rail supply chain. Whether your company is an existing or a prospective supplier, awareness and adoption of the DFR process is essential – this is a mandated, structured procedure for how NR expects suppliers to demonstrate reliability using proven tools and will influence decisions made at PQQ and ITT stages of procurement. This will be an interactive discussion where concerns and questions will be openly addressed.
The event will cover:
- Design For Reliability – explanation of the concept and Network Rail’s rationale
- Whole Life Cost modelling
- FMEA’s: Learning from past experiences
- Failure Trends
- Maintenance schedule development
- The DFR process
- Procedures for newly designed products vs. product changes
- Data capture, analysis and Corrective Action Plans
- An overview of NR’s Product Acceptance process
- Recent changes to Product Acceptance in recognition of DFR
- Hosted and by Rail Alliance in association with Business Wales this event is free to attend, and is essential for any business with
- Network Rail as a current customer or in scope.